marlena was here(:
I’VE WAITED FOUR YEARS AND TEN MONTHS TO POST THIS (aired October 1, 2009)
***PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE YOU REBLOG!!!***
Hey dudes!!! I really enjoyed doing this last summer, so WOO giveaway round 2!
If you win, what you receive will NOT be what you see in the pictures, but items of YOUR choice!!! The winner gets to select:
- 1 book of your choice under $20 (I’m happy to offer recommendations)
- 1 Vinyl OR 2 CDs of your choice under $25
- 1 Giant Bag of your favorite candy
- 1 Mix CD made based on your tastes by me
- 3 Pins of your choice from the fabulous wildwilde's etsy shop Bandshite
- 1 ebay grab bag! What is it? It’s a surprise!!! It could be ANYTHING!! (that is cheap and silly and fun!)
- 1 Hat crocheted by me in the colors of your choice!
- 1 Flower Crown made in colors of your choice (yes I know I used the same pic from the last one i’m lazy i’m sorry)
- must reblog this post
- likes don’t count
- reblog as much as you like but don’t spam, please
- no giveaway blogs
- ask must be open
- you don’t have to be following me! free birds! If you are already following me/you follow me before the deadline, you will be given 1 automatic entry.
- Don’t make fun of the crappy backgrounds on my pics I am limited in my photoshop abilities
I’m willing to be slightly flexible on the prices! I will ship internationally! I will post updates/answer questions about it on this blog, but like I said, you DON’T have to follow! This is just because I had so much fun doing it last summer. Be well!!!
DEADLINE: August 1st, 2014!!!!!!
Winner will be selected tonight at midnight EST. the winner will be given 24 hours to respond. I will announce the winner if they are comfortable with it! Also, I know some folks asked for proof, so I will have screenshots of receipts/asks if you so please!!! Good luck, chickadees! Have a baller evening!
1 HOUR LEFT!!!!
Important Things About the Ebola Outbreak
- You’re not hearing enough about it because it’s happening in Africa. Plain and simple. Western Media (of which I was once a naive member) does not consider the deaths of non-whites and non-Westerners as important, so while this disease kills, it isn’t killing the right people to get enough attention.
- With that said, officials have made it clear that they think there’s no chance the disease could spread outside of Africa, and definitely not to the United States.
- That’s bullshit, in my opinion. I’ve spent a lot of time researching disease transmission, viruses, etc., both professionally and in my spare time. It may not spread, but they can’t know that at this stage. It’s the largest outbreak of Ebola EVER. There are already hundreds dead, and the number is growing.
- "Ebola virus disease (formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever) is a severe, often fatal illness, with a case fatality rate of up to 90%. It is one of the world’s most virulent diseases.The infection is transmitted by direct contact with the blood, body fluids and tissues of infected animals or people. Severely ill patients require intensive supportive care. During an outbreak, those at higher risk of infection are health workers, family members and others in close contact with sick people and deceased patients." [x]
- There is no cure and no vaccine, and most people are not educated on protecting themselves from this disease.
- Don’t freak out, but we should all be paying attention.
“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
- C.S. Lewis
I just wanna be with you forever. Hanging out for a couple hours isn’t enough cuz as soon as you leave I miss you.
Please know that if you date me, I am a very touchy person. I will like to pet your head and hold your hand, rub your shoulders or hug you a lot. Simply put, to physically feel you in some way is very comforting to me and I can’t really apologize for it, it just feels natural to me and makes me happy.
if you put a frog in boiling water, it will jump out.
if you put a frog in warm water and gradually turn up the heat until the water is boiling, the frog will remain there until it dies.
and that is an abusive relationship.
i’ve been waiting for this photoset my whole life
i was legit about to get upset but as i scrolled i became happier
Jack Nicholson, who played the Joker in 1989 - and who was furious he wasn’t consulted about the creepy role - offered a cryptic comment when told Ledger was dead.
“Well,” Nicholson told reporters in London early Wednesday, “I warned him.”That last quote gave me chills
Really? Interesting if true
I read something that said he told him not to do it. Joker is one of, if not the, most sadistic villains. He kills to kill. There’s no method. Which is why all of the previous portrails were campy or jokey.
There is no way you can portray a character like that and not bring home even the smallest bits of it. It’s kind of sad. The Joker was scary as shit, and I honestly believe that getting into that character messed with his head.
It would be really interesting to see the notebook Ledger kept while working up the character, maybe it did mess with his head.. and that quote is something to think about, if true.
Heath Ledger was hugely affected by this role. Nicholson did warn him against it. To prepare, Ledger spent vast amount of time alone and kept a production diary as mentioned above. The last thing he wrote in his diary was BYE BYE.
Ledger talked about his inability to fall asleep and how even with two ambien he barely slept at night. As is widely known, Ledger died of an overdose. Some say it was accidental while others believe he was a partier… The drugs he died of were meant for insonima, anxiety, pain, and a cold and none were taken in excess. Heath was a troubled man after his role as the joker, but no one can deny he played that role better than anyone ever had or ever will.
The sadness of the situation aside, this is an amazing photo of the jokers.